Sunday 8 April 2012

Friday April 6th 2012.

I started my wander from Palm Bay, Cliftonville, Margate. UK. Along the beach i first spotted this tanker, there's usually quite a few of these on the horizon.


 As i continued on my way i next came across Walpole Bay, here you can find species such as Turnstones, Sanderlings, lesser Black Back gulls, Cormorants, Curlews also now and again you might see a Grey Heron and a Little Egret. There is also place for refreshments called Jet Ski World, where you sit outside and look across the bay.


As i continued  to the far point in the image above, you start seeing some Oyster catchers and plovers, Also you can see Falmers nesting on the cliff face. I can spend some time watching them trying to land, usually it takes them a few times to achieve this.
Now i've passed the far point and as you look out to sea you can see Thanet Wind Farm ( the largest offshore wind farm in the world i believe.)



From here i made my way to Joss Bay which would be the end of my jorney along the beach, From now on is a country road a small village called Reading Street,which consists of a PO & Store and a pub called the White Swan.
Here are some pictures in order of what i saw up to this point.








I'm not sure what the flower is called, but thought it was pretty and colourful.
The bird is called a Dunnock, and as you can see was singing its heart out.
The picture of the building which is in the village used to be a school in the mid to late 1800's.
I don't know if you can see, but on top of the roof above the tree/shrub made in cast iron is a Headmistress spanking a boy.
Now my last destination i'm heading to before home is Northdown Park. Which is one of my local parks. Here i saw a Great Spotted Woodpecker also a Ring Neck Parakeet and a wild daisy ( i think thats what it is).








 So thats it....The end of my wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment